Monday, February 22, 2010

So many thoughts

I prayed this morning ... like I used to. There was a time in my life that I lived the principles of Matthew 6:33 (specifically JST Matt 6:38) and would actually wait for an answer. It was also a time in my life that I was at home, I was focused on my family. I would do whatever the Lord taught me to do, but I wasn't being honest with myself.

I was in bondage to the world ... I still am. I want very much to be free of that bondage, temporally, but I feel that I must be strenghtened spiritually before I can be freed temporally. Well, it makes sense because all things are spiritual.

Yes, everything is spritual and temporal at the same time. So if my temporal bondage is real, then my spiritual bondage is real as well. My focus has been more on the world than on the Lord and I'm confused. And that makes sense because the world is confused. Okay, so I think I have a plan ... work on the spiritual first and then the temporal.

It worked so well back then. It really did. We had money when we needed it; food when we needed it; anything when we needed it. And my heart was to serve. And things were simpler. I want that again. I want that to be the way my life is.

Yes, my focus should be the Lord. I'm going to "data dump" my ideas and things that I want to do for the year, but my focus is going to be on reading, pondering, studying, writing about the scriptures. Rachel and I went to a fireside with Bro. Halverson last evening. He shared about the pattern of learning and teaching that Lehi and God share in the first chapter and a half of 1 Nephi. I'm looking forward to making that a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment